Tuesday 25 September 2012

Harem's back in town...


My poor blog has been abandoned for about a year now, having started off life as a self-indulgent moan about the Berlusconi regime… which also finished about a year ago. “No Harem… no blog!” you say.
Not completely true… and unfortunately the harem is still out there.

The main reason I haven’t written is that Google did the dirty on me: something very cunning and sly changed on my computer, and I didn’t know how to get back into the blog again. Futile attempts at ownership just resulted in funny messages in computer language that I didn’t understand. A cleverer person than I would have just pressed the right buttons, but I’ve never been any good with buttons!

I know everyone knows all there is to know about computers. Except me. I still don’t have a telephone that takes photos, don’t know how Skype works, have never copied a CD, never downloaded music from anywhere, still don’t know the difference between an Ipad, a kindle and a tablet and wouldn’t even recognise an MP3 if I tripped over it in the street.

However... When my computer came back from the hospital last month after having emergency surgery lots of things had changed. For equally unknown reasons I am now the owner of Tales From The Harem again.
Will there be anything to write about though? :)

This has got nothing to do with anything really but I have recently discovered I was a pirate in a past life. Explains lots of cut throat attitudes I have and why I like Jamaican rum.

Might tell you about it in my next post.

No comments: